Monday, February 24, 2014

Lists!!!!

are disorganized?? do you live a crazy, hectic lifestyle? are you a college student?....If you answered yes to any of the above questions then it seems as though you need some organization in your life! I have my moments when I can be lazy and not seem to care about anything, however for the most part I like my life to be as organized as possible!! now, you don't have to get as crazy as I do when it comes down to organizing your life, but I can try to give you some helpful tips to making your life a little less crazy and a lot more organized.
some of the things you might need:
- highlighters
- post its
- note pad
these are just some because, like I said you might not want to go all out like I do. Every week I make a list of what goals I want to achieve for the upcoming week. I set my standards high and then categorize them. some of my categories include: school goals, work goals, personal/ health goals, and household/ chore goals. I like to separate them, this way if I do not reach all my weekly goals by Sunday I know what category I need to work more on, or less on the upcoming week.
I usually make my lists on Sunday nights. I get my note pad and highlighters and break down my categories and reflect. I think of the week that has passed and think of how I can strengthen my goals to make myself better. each category is a different color therefore when I reach or achieve a goal I can cross it off and I know exactly what category it came from. once you get into it, it kind of gets fun (either that, or I am just plain crazy OCD haha). I love my lists and they help me so I do not slack off during the week in any category.
this is what a mock up of my lists would look like
goals for the week of Feb. 24- 30
school
-go to every class
-finish my paper before it is due
-revise my paper
-talk to counseling about graduation!
work
-create 5 new and exciting art projects
-get books on zoo animals
-think of a new science experiment that the kids will love
personal/ health
-go to the gym at least 4 times
-bet my time on the treadmill
-try a new machine
-squat down a little further
-eat more salad
household/ chores
-clean my room
-put my clothes away
-start making my bed every morning
-do laundry
*****remember this is just a mock up of what some of my goals would look like*****
you can change anything the way you want to, however it is your list and your life that you want to organize. One of the things I have focused on a lot is the gym. as some may have read in my first blog of the new year, I have taken up a new lifestyle and I am proud to say that I am sticking to it and have yet to give up!! working up and eating healthy has cleared my mind and has helped me become more organized with my life. it has also helped me stay focused. I know where my mellow place is and I know how to get there and use it to my advantage. I take deep breathes and calm down before a stressful situation can get me down.
organizing your life can help in many ways and I encourage you to try it if you are seeing that your life needs to be cleaned up a bit.
*****AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS/ COMMENTS/ TIPS OF YOUR OWN/ OR NEED MY HELP WITH ANYTHING....COMMENT BELOW PLEASEEEEE*****
 I love to hear feedback and encourage you to comment and tell your thoughts!!
love ya!
Kisses~Brittani

No comments:

Post a Comment